Director Program Management
Clinical Logistics, a CellCarta company was founded in 2002. Clinical Logistics has supported clinical trials in over 50 countries. The company has earned a reputation for quality and customer service excellence with some of the largest pharmaceutical companies, biotechs and CROs. Answering an unmet need in the marketplace for high quality handling of critical samples from clinical trial sites to the laboratory, CLI is positioned as a key player in clinical trial logistics with a focus on specialty specimens. Clinical Logistics services also include assembly and distribution of kits for pharmacokinetic / pharmacodynamic (PK/PD) and pharmacogenomic (PG) sample collection and shipping.
CellCarta is a leading provider of specialized precision medicine laboratory services to the biopharmaceutical industry. Leveraging its integrated analytical platforms in immunology, histopathology, proteomics and genomics, as well as related specimen collection and logistics services, CellCarta supports the entire drug development cycle, from discovery to late-stage clinical trials. The company operates globally with over 700 employees in its nine facilities located in Canada, USA, Belgium, Australia, and China.
Clinical Logistics is currently seeking an experienced and motivated candidate to fill the role of Director of Program Management.
Director Program Management
The Director, Program Management, who is accountable for the performance of the project management team, handles managing the on-going programs, interacting with clients, project teams, and operations to support project progress, proactively find issues, mitigate risks, and escalate issues, as necessary. In addition, the Director, Program Management handles getting feedback from external sources, e.g., clients, clinical sites, and internal resources, on-site and off-site colleagues, to adjust and improve service delivery to constantly delight our clients by providing white-glove service. Candidate should be articulate, analytical, and team oriented.
Dartmouth, Nova Scotia
- A combination of +10 years of clinical trial project management or program management experience in clinical trial operations or similar industry.
- Demonstrated ability to manage, develop, and lead team with >25 staff
- Worked in GCP/GLP/GMP environments.
- Experience managing remote and global staff an asset.
- Bachelor or master’s degree.
- PMP certification an asset.
- Clinical trials training and certification as asset.
- Ability to develop project teams that are capable to delivery high quality and prompt service.
- Explore, evaluate and implement project management tools and strategies to facilitate effective program management control and reporting.
- The position requires the candidate to be on-site.
- Establish, support, and update project team training program.
- Monitor and mentor project team staff development
- Establish and support a culture of performance and collaboration.
Capacity management and planning
- Forecast demand using internal and external source of data.
- Evaluate and adjust capacity to ensure uninterrupted delivery of white-glove project management service.
- Establish and support a culture of continuous improvements to increase capacity.
- Monitor a portfolio of programs, managed by project managers, to supply assessment on the health of each program.
- Proactively find program issues and execute the proper mitigation strategy among possible strategies to constantly delight the clients.
- Evaluate performance of project managers to assess skills and competency with remedial training or other corrective measures, as needed.
- Set goals, assign milestones and agree to timetables for achieving intermediate and overall goals.
- Apply change, risk and resource management.
Strategy / Planning
- Accountable for setting up and execution of department and program strategy.
- Participate in establishing the company’s strategy.
- Develop and implement proper program plan with right quantitative metrics to measure against goals & objectives.
Knowledge and Skill Requirements
- Possess selfless leadership qualities.
- Act and behave in manner that inspires confidence and earn trust from subordinates, colleagues, and superiors.
- Ability to create a sense of community amongst the members of the project team.
- Sufficient credibility and knowledge to advise project teams.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Recognize and leverage the value of well-timed and well-crafted communication.
Problem Solving and Analytical Skills
- Act with a sense of urgency to find and resolve issues.
- Ability to find ways of solving or pre-empting problems.
- Ability to effectively develop, evaluate and execute solutions.
- Excellent knowledge of techniques for planning and monitoring programs.
- Excellent knowledge of program management.
- Coordinate cross-project and cross-department activities.