LIMS Integration Specialist
CellCarta is a leading provider of specialized precision medicine laboratory services to the biopharmaceutical industry. Leveraging its integrated analytical platforms in immunology, histopathology, proteomics and genomics, as well as related specimen collection and logistics services, CellCarta supports the entire drug development cycle, from discovery to late-stage clinical trials. The company operates globally with over 800 employees in its nine facilities located in Canada, USA, Belgium, Australia, and China.
The LIMS Integration Specialist is responsible for: a) the implementation and deployment of LIMS application for the IC/PC units of CellCarta; b) maps and translates lab process into StarLIMS functions; c) performs configuration of LIMS system; d) adapts, updates or retires legacy processes; e) gives training and develops user guides and; f) writes, reviews and updates general SOPs as needed.
- Responsible for implementation, deployment and maintenance of various work processes in StarLIMS within the global IC/PC units;
- Works closely with LIMS Business Analysts, SMEs and scientists to map and translate lab process into StarLIMS functions;
- Collaborates with department managers to streamline and improve the StarLIMS workflow;
- Performs configuration of LIMS system;
- Ensures procedures are in place to direct SMEs on using the system and maintained LIMS related SOPs;
- Leads and completes business change controls as it relates to legacy workflows and their adaptation to LIMS.and ensure changes conforms with QMS;
- Provides end user training and on-the-job training for laboratory operations;
- Writes, reviews and updates general SOPs, forms, and work processes. Collaborates with people on-site and across sites as needed to ensure harmonization of processes.
- Must perform other duties as assigned
- Perform basic troubleshoot in LIMS
- Minimum DEC or B.Sc. Sciences
- Previous laboratory and training experience in a Contract Research Organization (CRO), or similar, operating to Good Laboratory Practice (GLP) standards
- Knowledge on laboratory processes improvement and/or laboratory automation
- Ability to manage multiple projects simultaneously is required
- Strong Experience and understanding of various workflows in CRO
- Previous experience in Lab Application development, validation, testing and implementation, in particular LIMS system, an asset
- Excellent communication skills
- Excellent knowledge and experience working in a GLP/GCLP environment
- Attention to detail
- Good organizational skills
- Good leadership skills
- Bilingual (French and English) is an important asset: spoken and written to ensure clear communication with staff members
- Must follow company safety precautions in the conduct of their work and follow SOPs at all times;
- Must be able to enter lab and respect Health & Safety procedures, including in CL2 area;
- Work schedule may need to be adapted to accommodate business needs, especially when collaboration between sites is needed.
All applicants are considered for all positions without regard to race, religion, color, sex, gender, sexual orientation, pregnancy, age, national origin, ancestry, physical or mental disability, medical condition, military or veteran status, genetic information, marital status, ethnicity, citizenship or immigration status or any other protected classification, in accordance with applicable federal, state, and local news. By completing this application you are seeking to join a team of hardworking professionals dedicated to consistently delivering outstanding service to our customers and contributing to the financial success of the organization, its clients, and its employees. Equal access to programs, services, and employment is available to all qualified persons.