CellCarta, formerly Biogazelle
Biogazelle offers genomic and transcriptomic services, performed in an ISO accredited lab, to support drug development during pre-clinical research and clinical trials. Our customers rely on our expertise in RNA biomarker discovery, assay development and validation; our pioneering role in liquid biopsies and non-coding RNA, and our experience with clinical trials to accelerate the development of their diagnostics and therapeutics. Our service portfolio is built on state-of-the-art technologies such as RNA and DNA sequencing, qPCR and digital PCR, all combined with advanced data analysis methods.
We are an innovative and dynamic company constantly growing and adapting its bioinformatics capabilities. To extend our dry-lab team, we are looking for a motivated senior bioinformatician to work together to transform data into biological knowledge and scientific insights.
Tasks and responsibilities
As Senior Bioinformatician you lead customer projects and internal R&D projects by conceptualizing and performing advanced data analysis tasks:
- You drive the development of novel data processing and analysis tools to enhance our bioinformatics capabilities
- You conceptualize and design data analysis workflows for customer projects and R&D activities.
- You work together with junior bioinformaticians to implement data analysis workflows.
- You interact with customers to communicate results
- You actively participate on troubleshooting by helping the team to resolve bottlenecks and issues
- You work according to our quality standards and procedures
- You design software validation plans to ensure the quality and compliance of our workflows
- You track new developments in relevant fields and bring new ideas to improve our capabilities
- Within our team you are open to learn new techniques and skills
Competencies and skills
- A PhD in bioinformatics (or similar by experience) with a strong background in -omics data analysis and software development
- Extensive programming experience in R and Python
- Experience with working in cloud environment
- Experience with qPCR, digital PCR, DNA-seq or RNA-seq technology (data processing and/or data analysis)
- Experience with single-cell RNA-sequencing, spatial transcriptomics, multi-omics data integration or computational deconvolution is a plus.
- Attention to quality, accuracy, and detail; critical mindset
- Problem solving skills and result oriented approach
- Time management skills: able to handle multiple projects and changing priorities
- Good communication skills: proactively communicate (spoken and written)
- Team player: you like working with peers; sense of innitiative
- A full-time position
- Salary package:
- wage based on experience and seniority
- legal benefits:
- meal/eco vouchers
- compensation public transport / bicycle mileage allowance
- hospitalization insurance
- holidays: 20 days legal holiday + 12 ADV days
- An opportunity to become part of a rapidly growing young company with future career development and growth opportunities
How to apply?
We look forward to receiving your motivation letter (clearly mention competences and skills, and relevant experience) and CV to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Biogazelle, Technologiepark 82, B-9052 Zwijnaarde, Belgium