Manager, Global Operational Excellence
CellCarta is a leading provider of specialized precision medicine laboratory services to the biopharmaceutical industry. Leveraging its integrated analytical platforms in immunology, histopathology, proteomics and genomics, as well as related specimen collection and logistics services, CellCarta supports the entire drug development cycle, from discovery to late-stage clinical trials. The company operates globally with over 800 employees in its twelve facilities located in Canada, USA, Belgium, Australia, and China.
Reporting to the Vice President, Global Operational Excellence, you will be responsible for working with operational teams on the identification, analysis and implementation of process improvements designed to increase efficiency and employee engagement. While the role is based in Antwerp, Belgium, you will look to harmonize processes on a global basis where appropriate.
Utilizing industry best practices such as Lean Six Sigma, you will ensure that projects are delivered on time, within scope and budget and meeting CellCarta quality standards. You will be organizing and controlling project activities and for communicating risks, opportunities, and current state of the project to stakeholders. This role can be done remotely depending on the project.
- Work with Operations teams to identify and scope areas of opportunity
- Define project scope and goals with stakeholders
- Facilitate and guide multidisciplinary project teams meetings to implement best practices on key processes
- In partnership with the team, develop, update and communicate project plans, timelines and critical paths
- Track progress to completion and document follow ups by team members
- With the team, identify the risks and the mitigation plan
- Document project plan changes and decisions
- Ensure timely involvement of relevant departments on team
- Follow project progress through ongoing communication, share information with all team members and raise flag on critical deviations
- Examples of Process Improvement projects include (LIMS, Data Analysis Platform, Site integration and harmonization)
- Develop detailed project management plans with project team to plan activities and deliverables, monitor and communicate project progress
- Create baseline project schedules with project team and develop and communicate revised timeline throughout the project lifecycle
- Ensure resource availability and allocation with resource manager
- Organize, attend, and facilitate/lead in stakeholder meetings, prepare presentation materials for meetings if required
- Manage the relationship with all stakeholders
- Lead cross-functional project team through support and motivation
- Coordinate internal resources, customers and third parties/vendors for the flawless execution of projects
- Perform risk management to minimize project risks
- Assess impact of project changes on timelines, costs, resources, documentation and quality
- Track and analyze project performance, cost performance, schedule, and report to the management on the changes project scope, project schedule, and project costs, being able to suggest the improvements to all the above
- Report and escalate to management as needed
- Coordinate project meetings (prepare agenda, lead meetings, and prepare meetings and other administrative support)
- Proactively ensure the project management process runs smoothly
- Assist in maintaining project metrics for KPI’s
- Prepare project monthly status reports and present to Associate Director of Project management.
- Develop project management tools and assist the Director of Project Management in the development of project management processes and procedures
- Identify areas for optimization and improvement and recommend lean process improvements initiatives
- Perform other assigned duties
- BS in Science
- At least 5 years experience in applying Lean/Six Sigma/Continuous Improvement principles to drive measurable results.
- At least 3 years experience in a biotech, pharma, CRO, or similar field
- Lean Six Sigma Blackbelt certified, preferred
- Strong knowledge of project management with the ability to effectively prioritize and execute tasks
- Strong leadership and collaborative skills, to effectively work with all levels of employees
- Demonstrated experience coaching and developing team members
- Excellent decision making, problem solving and analytical skills
- Strong communication skills-both verbal and written.
- High level of initiative, resourcefulness, and autonomy to seek out opportunities and work with little supervision.
- Proven flexibility to adjust to constantly changing priorities, handle multiple tasks, while maintaining quality.
- Strong team player and self-motivated, ability to multi-task, problem solve and work under pressure
- Good working knowledge of MS Office Suite including: Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Outlook and MS project
- Language: Flemish, English
All applicants are considered for all positions without regard to race, religion, color, sex, gender, sexual orientation, pregnancy, age, national origin, ancestry, physical or mental disability, medical condition, military or veteran status, genetic information, marital status, ethnicity, citizenship or immigration status or any other protected classification, in accordance with applicable federal, state, and local news. By completing this application you are seeking to join a team of hardworking professionals dedicated to consistently delivering outstanding service to our customers and contributing to the financial success of the organization, its clients, and its employees. Equal access to programs, services, and employment is available to all qualified persons.