CellCarta is a leading provider of specialized precision medicine laboratory services to the biopharmaceutical industry. Leveraging its integrated analytical platforms in immunology, histopathology, proteomics and genomics, as well as related specimen collection and logistics services, CellCarta supports the entire drug development cycle, from discovery to late-stage clinical trials. The company operates globally with over 800 employees in its nine facilities located in Canada, USA, Belgium, Australia, and China.
Reporting to the Director, Program Management, the Program Manager organizes and coordinate scientific programs. The Program Manager provides strategic guidance to teams and Principal Scientists to align with the company’s objectives, as well as Sponsors’ needs.
- Provides support at the project-level activity to ensure the program goals are met by providing a decision-making capacity that cannot be achieved at project level;
- Provides the Principal Scientists with a program perspective when required, or as a sounding board for ideas and approaches to solving project issues that have program impacts;
- Monitors overall project objectives, milestones and timetables for achieving intermediate and overall project goals;
- Identifies and manages cross-project dependencies and provides support in prioritizing projects when needed;
- Proactively assesses program and project performance;
- Develops and monitors deadlines and budgets overall for program milestones;
- Helps resolve issues and initiates appropriate corrective actions (or interventions) wherever gaps in the program are identified;
- Performs tracking of deliverables in conjunction with Sponsor and internal customers;
- Supports/leads ongoing teleconferences with the client, managing the agenda and meeting minutes;
- Provides timely notification to all appropriate parties of deviations from timelines and/or deliverables;
- Conducts regular communication with team members, formal and informal, regarding study status or any other changes.
- Scientific degree (at least a BSc in life sciences)
- PMP certification is an asset
- Minimum of 3 to 5 years of experience in the CRO, biotechnology or pharmaceutical industry as a Project or Program Manager;
- Excellent multitasking, tracking and planning skills;
- Effective leadership, interpersonal and communication skills;
- Ability to adjust rapidly in highly changing environment;
- Excellent problem solving and decision-making skills;
- Knowledge of regulatory requirements for the conduct of analytical studies in support of clinical trials (exploratory vs secondary/primary endpoints);
- Ability to create a sense of community amongst the members of the project teams;
- Excellent knowledge of basic project management and budgeting;
- Sufficient seniority and credibility to advise project teams on their projects in relation to the program;
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office suite (Excel, PowerPoint, Word);
Candidates must be legally authorized to work in the United States on a permanent basis. Visa sponsorship is not available.