Data Flow Manager
As a global Research Organization to the biopharmaceutical industry, CellCarta (formerly Caprion – HistoGeneX) provides access to a broad offering of biomarker platforms and services. We partner with our clients to address the most complex scientific testing needs, delivering customized biomarker testing solutions to further expand the limitless potential of precision medicine.
We offer our services on a global scale through our laboratories in USA, Canada, Belgium, China and Australia. Combining expertise in histopathology, immune monitoring, proteomics, genomics and sample logistics, we support pharmaceutical and biotechnology companies in the research and development of innovative new medicines for the treatment of cancer and immune diseases. Working under stringent quality and regulatory requirements, we strive to make a difference in the future treatment options offered to patients.
CellCarta leverages its strong expertise in cancer to support the entire spectrum of biomarker services including biomarker discovery in the research phase, tumor profiling and biomarker monitoring in clinical studies and companion diagnostics registration studies, patient diagnostics and development of new techniques and tests for tumor analysis and prediction of treatment response. The company bridges the gap between research, clinical studies and diagnostics.
As part of the Data Management team, CellCarta is looking for a Data Flow Manager. You will develop and maintain IT solutions focused on capturing data to SQL databases but also on applications that increase workflow efficiency within the company. As CellCarta is a laboratory providing biomarker technologies for translational and clinical research mainly in the oncology area, we aim at someone with an IT background and experience in working in a scientific/clinical setting or on someone with a scientific background and a keen interest or experience in IT. The ideal candidate has an analytical mind and great communication skills.
Department : Data Management
Based in : Antwerp, Belgium
- Develop solutions for collecting and importing data from different sources (such as genomics assays, lab equipment) to an SQL database
- Integration of laboratory work flows to LIMS
- Integration of Laboratory equipment with LIMS
- Participate in the validation of these process improvements
- Provide training and documentation for end users
- Understand the needs and requirements from internal departments and translate them to applications
Qualification and Skills
- Advanced degree (Bachelor’s level or higher in science or IT) and at least one year of working experience with database systems and/or programming, or three years of working experience with database systems and/or programming preferentially in a an industry environment (if no advanced degree)
- An understanding of typical laboratory workflows in the chemical, pharmaceutical, environmental or similar industries would be advantageous as would knowledge of Laboratory Informatics
- Experience with or a great interest in learning about SQL databases, especially Microsoft SQL Server products, and good knowledge of the SQL data manipulation and data definition languages is an advantage
- Experience of one or more of the following is advantageous, PHP, HTML, Python, Jscript, .NET, VB Script
- A wide degree of creativity and initiative is expected.
- Excellent communication skills, both verbal and written
- Fluent in Dutch and English both written and spoken
- Well organized, results orientated team player capable of working under a minimum of supervision.
If you do not completely fit the profile but believe you can grow into the role in 2-3 years please use this opportunity to apply.
We offer an exciting and challenging position in a multinational environment where customer focus and innovation are key business values. You will receive thorough on-the-job-training.
All applicants are considered for all positions without regard to race, religion, color, sex, gender, sexual orientation, pregnancy, age, national origin, ancestry, physical or mental disability, medical condition, military or veteran status, genetic information, marital status, ethnicity, citizenship or immigration status or any other protected classification, in accordance with applicable federal, state, and local news. By completing this application you are seeking to join a team of hardworking professionals dedicated to consistently delivering outstanding service to our customers and contributing to the financial success of the organization, its clients, and its employees. Equal access to programs, services, and employment is available to all qualified persons.