Senior Research Associate, Assay Development
CellCarta is seeking a Senior Research Associate to join our team in Fremont, California. Reporting to the Associate Director of Cytometry and CyTOF, the Senior Research Associate will develop complex immune monitoring assays by Flow Cytometry and Cytometry Time of Flight (CyTOF) to be deployed for exploratory clinical trials. Additionally, the incumbent will participate in writing of procedures (SOP/CSP), train other laboratory personnel on technical procedures/methods, record associated documentation relevant to the tasks at hand as per appropriate SOP and applicable GLP regulations and GCLP guidelines.
Who we are
We are a leading global CRO laboratory with headquarters in Canada. Our mission is to map precision medicine by providing comprehensive testing solutions and biomarker research to the top global pharmaceuticals and biotech companies. We are committed to providing superior science through proactive partnerships with our clients.
What we offer
- Exciting and superior scientific environment with a multidisciplinary team of experts
- Multiple growth opportunities and career development plan
- The reputation of a scientific team that upholds the highest quality standards.
- The opportunity to significantly contribute to the next generation of life-changing drugs in precision medicine.
- Join a global CRO where your expertise matter and contributions can be felt.
- Conduct experiments and properly document procedures for all phases of assay development including but not limited to panel design/optimization, assay qualification, and SOP preparation.
- Perform routine data analysis through the various phases of development.
- Ability to think critically and troubleshoot problems throughout the study.
- Assist in the planning of experiments and help in various activities (scheduling, preparation of reagents, documentation, etc.) pertaining to the optimal operation of a clinical laboratory.
- Train and cross-validate clinical laboratory members on assays.
- Write and review equipment and method SOP’s as required.
- Maintain all records and documents relevant to the tasks performed in the laboratory in compliance with GLP/GCP regulations and GCLP guidelines.
Requirements and Desired Skills:
- 2+ years of experience preparing and staining high-parameter flow cytometry panels.
- Experience staining human whole blood or PBMC samples.
- Knowledge and experience working with FACSDiva and flow cytometry analysis software.
- Self-motivated and willing to take on small projects outside the scope of job description.
- Work collaboratively in a group setting.
- Quicky adapt in fast paced work environment and flexible with work schedule.
Bachelor's with at least 3 years of experience in industry or academia or Master's degree in Life Sciences, preferably Immunology, Cell/Molecular Biology.
Supplemental Information: Visa sponsorship is not offered.
All applicants are considered for all positions without regard to race, religion, color, sex, gender, sexual orientation, pregnancy, age, national origin, ancestry, physical or mental disability, medical condition, military or veteran status, genetic information, marital status, ethnicity, citizenship or immigration status or any other protected classification, in accordance with applicable federal, state, and local news. By completing this application you are seeking to join a team of hardworking professionals dedicated to consistently delivering outstanding service to our customers and contributing to the financial success of the organization, its clients, and its employees. Equal access to programs, services, and employment is available to all qualified persons.