Cellcarta is looking for an individual who's motivated to learn and become a proficient Research Associate. Will perform immune monitoring assays for clinical samples. Participates in writing procedures (SOP/CSP). Records associated documentation relevant to the tasks at hand as per appropriate SOP and applicable GLP regulations and GCLP guidelines.
- Preparation and handling of primary specimens, including peripheral blood, ascites, and other liquid biospecimens.
- Isolation of white blood cells by density gradient separation
- Sample preparation for immunostaining and acquisition by flow cytometry
- Maintain all records and notebooks, organize and compile QC data
- Perform routine multi-color flow cytometry assays and cell-based assays supporting clinical trials according to Standard Operating Procedures including qualifications and validations as needed
- Complete all paperwork thoroughly and accurately for QA/QC and GxP purposes using Good Documentation Practices and update computer-tracking systems, as required
- Ensure lab maintenance activities and equipment calibration are performed according to schedule and maintain a clean and safe lab environment
Education and Experience Requirements
- Bachelor of Science degree in Life Sciences, Immunology, or Cell Biology
- Minimum of 1 year of relevant laboratory experience with basic laboratory skills
- Ability to multi-task across multiple projects including a relatively high volume of clinical sample processing and analysis, using immunoassay techniques
- Good organizational and documentation skills with superior attention to detail
- Knowledge and understanding of working in a GLP/GCLP-compliant regulatory laboratory to conduct experimental procedures per defined technical SOPs, with experience in handling biohazardous materials, and understanding safety procedures and guidelines.
Preferred Knowledge, Skills & Abilities
- Experience performing immunostaining and multi-color flow cytometry (8+ colors)
- Knowledge in human blood sample processing and cell cryopreservation techniques, cell culture methods, cellular staining procedures using flow cytometry
- Experience in aseptic techniques for handling primary human cells and for mammalian cell culture
- Industry experience working with pre-clinical and clinical samples
Physical Demands and Work Environment
- Must be able to sit and use hands to finger, handle and feel.
- Must be able to lift and move packages weighing up to 50 pounds.
- Must be able to sit for long periods of time using a computer in a typical office environment in a multi-level facility
- Some activities require repetitive motion and reaching, pulling, or pushing.
- In carrying out the duties of the job there will be frequent exposure to fumes and chemical hazards.
- Duties performed routinely require exposure to blood, body fluid, and tissue.
We are a leading global CRO laboratory with headquarters in Canada. Our mission is to map precision medicine by providing comprehensive testing solutions and biomarker research to the top global pharmaceuticals and biotech companies. We are committed to providing superior science through proactive partnerships with our clients.
A scientific team that upholds the highest quality standards
More than your traditional CRO, we have a scientist-to-scientist approach, and our culture is one of flexibility, accessibility, and service excellence. We are looking for science enthusiasts driven by innovation and eager to join a diversified team of scientists.
At CellCarta Laboratories we care about our team and offer a wide range of benefits including:
- Competitive wages
- Medical, dental, and vision benefits
- Life/AD&D benefits
- Additional voluntary benefits
- 401k retirement savings plan with a healthy match
- Vacation and sick time
- Career development opportunities
- Continuing education
- Free snacks
Join us as we continue to expand internationally and be part of the future of precision medicine.