Clinical Logistics, a CellCarta company was founded in 2002. Clinical Logistics has supported clinical trials in over 50 countries. The company has earned a reputation for quality and customer service excellence with some of the largest pharmaceutical companies, biotechs and CROs. Answering an unmet need in the marketplace for high quality handling of critical samples from clinical trial sites to the laboratory, CLI is positioned as a key player in clinical trial logistics with a focus on specialty specimens. Clinical Logistics services also include assembly and distribution of kits for pharmacokinetic / pharmacodynamic (PK/PD) and pharmacogenomic (PG) sample collection and shipping.
CellCarta is a leading provider of specialized precision medicine laboratory services to the biopharmaceutical industry. Leveraging its integrated analytical platforms in immunology, histopathology, proteomics and genomics, as well as related specimen collection and logistics services, CellCarta supports the entire drug development cycle, from discovery to late-stage clinical trials. The company operates globally with over 700 employees in its nine facilities located in Canada, USA, Belgium, Australia, and China.
Clinical Logistics is currently seeking an experienced and motivated candidate to fill the role of Purchasing Agent.
- Locate, qualify and develop appropriate sources of goods and services.
- Negotiate with suppliers for optimal results of cost, delivery, quality and service.
- Measure supplier performance in terms of cost, delivery, quality and service.
- Process purchase orders through the business system.
- Follow-up and expedite timely receipt of backordered items.
- Coordinate inbound freight means to meet delivery and cost requirements.
- Verify and resolve discrepancies between purchase orders and invoices.
- Participate in the resolution of disbursement error and inventory discrepancies.
- Inform manufacturing personnel and manager of situations or conditions which would cause to miss scheduled deliveries, quality, or cost objectives after taking all actions required within their own area of responsibility and control.
- Provide general oversight of purchasing function for direct goods and services as directed.
- Participate in purchasing function for other non-direct goods and services as directed.
- Identify and make recommendation on areas for improvement within departmental direct reports, departmental processes, and supply chain.
- Recommend and determine assignment of purchased goods to self & other direct report buyers to ensure workload and company initiatives are met.
- Establish and maintain key relationships with suppliers.
- Create and keep track of savings opportunities throughout all locations.
- Administer annual pricing negotiation process with supplier base to minimize cost increases and lock suppliers into long-term agreements under fixed pricing.
- Perform other related duties and special projects as may be required.
Education & Qualification
- Bachelors or Technical Degree in Business and/or 5 years’ experience in Purchasing.
- High proficiency in MS365 including MS Excel. ERP knowledge would be an asset.
- General computer skills.
- Oral and Written Communication skills.
- Interpersonal skills.
- Management experience in a manufacturing environment would be an asset.
Environment & Physical requirements
- Office & factory floor setting.
- Ability to lift when receiving materials.