CellCarta is a leading provider of specialized precision medicine laboratory services to the biopharmaceutical industry. Leveraging its integrated analytical platforms in immunology, histopathology, proteomics and genomics, as well as related specimen collection and logistics services, CellCarta supports the entire drug development cycle, from discovery to late-stage clinical trials. The company operates globally with over 800 employees in its nine facilities located in Canada, USA, Belgium, Australia, and China.
The role of a Scientist is to implement and validate novel approaches for cell-based assays, essentially flow cytometry. Equally important, the incumbent has the responsibility to serve as a technical and scientific resource for the assay transfer team. The Scientist in CellCarta will work to establish Standard Operating Procedures (SOP) under Good Laboratory Practices (GLP). She/He is expected to remain current regarding the advances in the field regarding standardization, validation, reagents and in the field of immunology.
- Validate new flow and non-flow cell-based assays for clinical deployment
- Perform work within specified timelines, proactively communicate any failure to meet timelines
- Design, execute and document troubleshooting activities
- Present summaries of analysis results and interpretation in a professional, clear and concise manner to internal and external clients.
- Perform in-depth data analysis and interpretation for each experiment performed
- Present work internally as required
- Design and execute method comparison studies for the implementation of novel methods.
- Communicate effectively with internal and external stakeholders assigned to each specific project.
- Support the study lead assigned to each specific project.
- Main focus will be in flow cytometry assays.
- Supervision of research assistants may be required.
- M.Sc. with 3 years pharma/biotech/CRO experience or Ph.D. with demonstrated assay validation skills
- Immunology (human an asset), immune monitoring methodologies
- Strong experience with flow cytometry techniques and applications including assay design as well as handling complex data set of multi-color panels. Experienced in in the field of immune monitoring (an asset).
- Experience with bioanalytical assay validation (an asset)
- Optional: Knowledge of non-flow cell-based assays to monitor adaptive and innate immune responses
- Experience working with third party flow cytometry data analysis packages and Microsoft Office products.
- Knowledge and understanding of GLP regulations and other regulatory guidelines sufficient to carry out GLP studies
- English and French proficiency (written and spoken) is required.
- Works methodically and systematically
- Critical and creative thinker
- Good team spirit
- Advanced level of understanding and analytical skills to interpret data and draw conclusions
- Communicates clearly and confidently and has excellent interpersonal and teaching skills
- Excellent time management and organizational skills to meet deadlines in a fast-paced, changing environment
- Excellent record keeping, attention to details and commitment to achieve good quality work
- Ability to prepare high-quality reports
- Excellent oral and written communications skills
- Ability to prepare project reports and make internal and client presentations
- Strong troubleshooting skills
- Must be willing to perform duties or supervise activities in Bio Safety Level (BSL) 1 or 2 facilities where biological samples may be either naturally or experimentally infected with potentially hazardous viruses such as HIV, HCV, or CMV
- The role is predominantly conducted in a laboratory setting
All applicants are considered for all positions without regard to race, religion, color, sex, gender, sexual orientation, pregnancy, age, national origin, ancestry, physical or mental disability, medical condition, military or veteran status, genetic information, marital status, ethnicity, citizenship or immigration status or any other protected classification, in accordance with applicable federal, state, and local news. By completing this application you are seeking to join a team of hardworking professionals dedicated to consistently delivering outstanding service to our customers and contributing to the financial success of the organization, its clients, and its employees. Equal access to programs, services, and employment is available to all qualified persons.