Scientist - Development / Immunology
The role of a Development Scientist at ImmuneCarta is to develop and implement novel approaches for cell-based assays including, but not limited to, flow cytometry and ELISpot. Equally important, the incumbent has the responsibility to serve as a technical and scientific resource for the assay development team. The Development Scientist in ImmuneCarta will work to establish Standard Operating Procedures (SOP) under Good Laboratory Practices (GLP). She/He is expected to remain current regarding the advances in the field regarding standardization, validation, reagents and in the field of immunology, overseeing experimental testing design.
- Develop new assays for clinical deployment;
- Perform work within specified timelines, proactively communicate any failure to meet timelines;
- When needed, design, execute and document troubleshooting activities;
- Present summaries of analysis results and interpretation in a professional, clear and concise manner;
- Perform in-depth data analysis and interpretation for each experiment performed;
- Present work internally as required;
- Design, execute method comparison studies for the implementation of novel methods or new technologies;
- Communicate effectively with Principal Scientist assigned to each specific project;
- Support the Principal Scientist assigned to each specific project.
- M.Sc. with pharma/biotech/CRO experience or Ph.D. with demonstrated development skills;
- Immunology (human an asset) , immune monitoring methodologies;
- Experience with flow cytometry techniques and applications including assay design as well as handling complex data set of multi-color panels. Experienced in in the field of immune monitoring (an asset);
- Knowledge of non-flow cell-based assays to monitor adaptive and innate immune responses;
- Experience working with third party flow cytometry data analysis packages and Microsoft Office products;
- Knowledge and understanding of GLP regulations and other regulatory guidelines sufficient to carry out GLP studies;
- English and French proficiency (written and spoken) is required.
- Works methodically and systematically
- Critical and creative thinker
- Good team spirit
- Advanced level of understanding and analytical skills to interpret data and draw conclusions
- Communicates clearly and confidently and has excellent interpersonal and teaching skills
- Excellent time management and organizational skills to meet deadlines in a fast-paced, changing environment
- Excellent record keeping, attention to details and commitment to achieve good quality work
- Ability to prepare high-quality reports
- Excellent oral and written communications skills
- Ability to prepare project reports and make internal and client presentations
- Strong troubleshooting skills
- Must be willing to perform duties or supervise activities in Bio Safety Level (BSL) 1 or 2 facilities where biological samples may be either naturally or experimentally infected with potentially hazardous viruses such as HIV, HCV, or CMV
- The role is predominantly conducted in a laboratory setting
- Employee is personally responsible for following Health and Safety guidelines/instruction
All applicants are considered for all positions without regard to race, religion, color, sex, gender, sexual orientation, pregnancy, age, national origin, ancestry, physical or mental disability, medical condition, military or veteran status, genetic information, marital status, ethnicity, citizenship or immigration status or any other protected classification, in accordance with applicable federal, state, and local news. By completing this application you are seeking to join a team of hardworking professionals dedicated to consistently delivering outstanding service to our customers and contributing to the financial success of the organization, its clients, and its employees. Equal access to programs, services, and employment is available to all qualified persons.