CellCarta is a leading provider of specialized precision medicine laboratory services to the biopharmaceutical industry. Leveraging its integrated analytical platforms in immunology, histopathology, proteomics and genomics, as well as related specimen collection and logistics services, CellCarta supports the entire drug development cycle, from discovery to late-stage clinical trials. The company operates globally with over 1000 employees in its 11 facilities located in Canada, USA, Belgium, Australia, and China.
The Laboratory Assistant / Coordinator is responsible for ensuring the maintenance, the monitoring, and the proper operation of the laboratory equipment and facilities, in compliance with applicable regulatory requirements.
- Ensure that laboratory equipment/ instruments are used, maintained and calibrated per SOP, perform required maintenance/cleaning/troubleshooting/minor repair on basic laboratory equipment as needed (refrigerator/freezer, water bath, incubator, centrifuge, etc.) and complete associated documentation.
- Perform initial maintenance and qualification of basic equipment in accordance with the established procedures (i.e. pipette calibration, balance calibration, thermal mapping of storage equipment).
- Ensure proper use of the laboratory equipment by all operators; provide training for the users.
- Manage all calibrations and maintenance schedules and review of related documentation.
- Act as a technical expert for laboratory equipment troubleshooting
- Manage the monitoring system (ElPro) for facilities and instruments. May be required to work outside of regular working hours.
- Serve as the primary emergency responder for all temperature-monitored equipment.
- Coordinate with the Office/Lab manager with State and Federal regulations (Cal-OSHA, County Health, Local Fire, Biowaste/Biohazard).
- Maintain the lab to identify needs. (HVAC, Plumbers, electrical, generator)
- Ensure laboratory areas are adequately maintained (planning of maintenance, repair, decontamination, cleaning of laboratory space, replacement of gas tanks, inventory control, receiving of packages, booking couriers, etc.).
- A minimum of 2 years experience working in laboratory environment
- Ability to lift and move up to 50lbs
Knowledge and Skills
- Follow GLP guidelines, SOPs and standards for continuous quality improvement objectives, safety, environmental regulations.
- Good technical knowledge of basic laboratory equipment
- Knowledge of GCP, GCLP, and GLP regulations
- Excellent time management, organization and resourcefulness skills.
- Good record keeping, attention to details and commitment to achieve good quality work.
- Proficient in Microsoft Word/Excel/Outlook.
- Very good communication skills
- Ability to work autonomously as well as part of a team. Positive, professional attitude and willingness to take initiative.
All applicants are considered for all positions without regard to race, religion, color, sex, gender, sexual orientation, pregnancy, age, national origin, ancestry, physical or mental disability, medical condition, military or veteran status, genetic information, marital status, ethnicity, citizenship or immigration status or any other protected classification, in accordance with applicable federal, state, and local news. By completing this application you are seeking to join a team of hardworking professionals dedicated to consistently delivering outstanding service to our customers and contributing to the financial success of the organization, its clients, and its employees. Equal access to programs, services, and employment is available to all qualified persons.