Logistics Specialist - Life Science
CellCarta is a leading provider of specialized precision medicine laboratory services to the biopharmaceutical industry. Leveraging its integrated analytical platforms in immunology, histopathology, proteomics and genomics, as well as related specimen collection and logistics services, CellCarta supports the entire drug development cycle, from discovery to late-stage clinical trials. The company operates globally with over 800 employees in its nine facilities located in Canada, USA, Belgium, Australia, and China.
Reporting to the Group Leader, Sample Management, the Biosample Management Specialist is mainly responsible for planning, organizing and overseeing the collection and shipping of biosamples to and from CellCarta to ensure timely delivery
- Ensure coordination with clinical sites, couriers and clients to organize and monitor delivery of study samples or study reagents in a timely manner;
- Verify that sample collection information is adequate for effective sample tracking and reconciliation;
- Investigate and address discrepancies;
- Ensure issues are resolved or escalated in a timely manner;
- Track, review and file all related documentation and updates the sample databases in a timely manner;
- Ensure all work is compliant with appropriate SOPs and all applicable regulatory requirements;
- Participate in the writing and reviewing of SOPs and associated worksheets/forms;
- Participate in the writing and reviewing of Laboratory Manuals for clinical sites;
- Identify and establishes Key Performance Indicators (KPI) in the area of sample management workflow;
- Apply Good Documentation Practices (GDP);
- Assist the operational staff for the procurement of biological samples from different suppliers;
- Supervise and performs all biobanking-related activities (sample ordering, reception, documentation, tracking and inventory) in compliance with applicable procedures and according to the regulatory requirements.
- Participate in the coordination, the scheduling and the documentation of lab calibrations/maintenances;
- Bachelor’s degree in logistics or related field
- Minimum of 2 years experience in a similar position.
- Experience in logistics and planning;
- Rigorous and autonomous in the conduct of his/her work;
- Good organizational skills;
- Good communication skills and is fluent in French and English (written and spoken);
- Demonstrated adaptability and flexibility;
- Quality mindset.
- Basic knowledge of key aspects related to transportation of biosamples, such as import/export regulation, customs, sample handling, logistical planning;
- Knowledge of GCP, GCLP, and GLP regulations.