Research Associate, CyTOF
Reporting to the Head of Cytometry and CyTOF. The Research Associate - CyTOF will perform complex immune monitoring assays for clinical samples. Additionally, the incumbent will participate in writing of procedures (SOP/CSP), train other laboratory personnel on technical procedures/methods, record associated documentation relevant to the tasks at hand as per appropriate SOP and applicable GLP regulations and GCLP guidelines.
- Conduct complex experiments (blood processing, cell cryopreservation, multi-parametric CyTOF assays)
- Prepares and reviews documents for laboratory assay work including assay forms and/or worksheets.
- Assists in the planning of experiments and helps in various activities (scheduling, preparation of reagents, documentation, etc.) pertaining to the optimal operation of a clinical laboratory.
- Trains other laboratory members on complex immunoassay methods for CyTOF.
- Write Equipment and Method SOP/CSP as required
- Maintains all records and documents relevant to the tasks performed in the laboratory in compliance with GLP/GCP regulations and GCLP guidelines.
- Bachelor's or Master's degree in Life Sciences, preferably Immunology, Cell/Molecular Biology or other Biomedical Sciences
- Experience and Skills
- Minimum of 1 year experience in a biomedical research lab (academic or industry).
- Experience working with primary mammalian cells is preferred. In particular, treating or processing blood, cryopreserving cells, working with biohazardous materials in a sterile BSL2 environment, performing cell culture, staining and analyzing cells by flow cytometry are relevant experiences.
- Ability to understand and adhere to laboratory guidelines, and local, state, and federal health and safety procedures.
- Good organizational and documentation skills.
- Team player and proficient communicator using email, chat messaging, and video messaging.
All applicants are considered for all positions without regard to race, religion, color, sex, gender, sexual orientation, pregnancy, age, national origin, ancestry, physical or mental disability, medical condition, military or veteran status, genetic information, marital status, ethnicity, citizenship or immigration status or any other protected classification, in accordance with applicable federal, state, and local news. By completing this application you are seeking to join a team of hardworking professionals dedicated to consistently delivering outstanding service to our customers and contributing to the financial success of the organization, its clients, and its employees. Equal access to programs, services, and employment is available to all qualified persons.