Technical expert Immunohistochemistry
As a global Research Organization to the biopharmaceutical industry, CellCarta (formerly Caprion – HistoGeneX) provides access to a broad offering of biomarker platforms and services. We partner with our clients to address the most complex scientific testing needs, delivering customized biomarker testing solutions to further the limitless potential of precision medicine.
We offer our services on a global scale through our laboratories in USA, Canada, Belgium, China and Australia. Combining expertise in histopathology, immune monitoring, proteomics, genomics and sample logistics, we support pharmaceutical and biotechnology companies in the research and development of innovative new medicines for the treatment of cancer and immune diseases. Working under stringent quality and regulatory requirements, we strive to make a difference in the future treatment options offered to patients.
CellCarta leverages its strong expertise in cancer to support the entire spectrum of biomarker services including biomarker discovery in the research phase, tumor profiling and biomarker monitoring in clinical studies and companion diagnostics registration studies, patient diagnostics and development of new techniques and tests for tumor analysis and prediction of treatment response. The company bridges the gap between research, clinical studies and diagnostics.
We are currently recruiting a Technical Expert Immunohistochemistry (AD-TEX)
Department: Assay Development, Histopathology
Wilrijk, Antwerp (Belgium)
- Adherence to company policy on patient and client confidentiality
- Responsible for guaranteeing testing continuity throughout the life cycle of a test whilst assisting colleagues to overcome any technical issues
- Manage and plan activities to meet the set timelines, and if needed pro-actively search for mitigation strategies and escalate to different involved stakeholders in case the timelines will not be met.
- Design experiments, evaluate and review test data, implement quality requirements and prepare associated documentation.
- Liaises closely internally with Assay Development Managers, Laboratory Technologists, Head Laboratory Technologists and Laboratory Section Heads.
Background and competences
- Professional Bachelor (Medical, Pharmaceutical or Biomedical laboratory technologies, Biochemistry), or Bachelor's or Master's Degree in Life Science (preferably Biology, Biomedical Sciences, Bio-engineering, Pharmaceutical sciences, Biochemistry)
Job Related competences
- Solid basis in histology/histopathology and/or microscopy is an asset
- Strong computer skills and significant experience with Microsoft, Excel, Powerpoint and Word are required
- Experience with image analysis software (Visiopharm, HALO,...) and digital imaging is a plus.
- You are willing to perform routine supporting the continuity of IHC testing, to make improvements to current workflows.
- Advanced command of the English language and outstanding writing and communication skills.
- Ability to rapidly learn and apply knowledge in previously unfamiliar areas.
- You are highly organized, and able to manage and prioritize multiple projects.
- Methodically, meticulously and demonstrate quality of work including accuracy, timeliness, professionalism and thoroughness.
- Analytical, problem solving and result-oriented mind.
- You are social, diplomatic, a team player and a strong communicator.
We offer an exciting and challenging full-time position in a multinational environment where customer focus and innovation are key business values. You will join a global CRO where your expertise matters and contributions can be felt. You will receive thorough on-the-job-training.